Translation disclaimer (Translation disclaimer)

This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.

(This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.)

Health and safety information sources

Here you can find a list of local and national health and safety information resources.

Local resources

Calderdale Council

Enforces workplace health and safety in retailers, wholesalers, offices, hotels, catering premises, leisure activities and consumer services. Provides information and advice on workplace health and safety. Free information leaflets available.

Calderdale College

Offers a number of courses to do with health and safety. This includes: basic health and safety, fire safety, first aid and many more.

Business Link Yorkshire

This is an easy to use business support organisation. It offers advice and information on many issues involved in business, such as: finance and health and safety.

  • Business Link Yorkshire
  • 1 Capitol Court

    Capitol Business Park


    S75 3TZ
  • Telephone: 0845 6048 048
  • Website: Business and self-employment 

Kirklees and Calderdale Occupational Health Group

This organisation was set up by Health & Safety professionals to share ideas and information. Also, to promote good practice about health, safety and environment matters. Representatives of businesses in Kirklees, Calderdale and surrounding areas are welcome to become members and attend group meetings.

West Yorkshire Fire Service

Provides advice and information on workplace fire safety.

National resources

Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)

Advice and information on employment law.

British Safety Council

An independent workplace health, safety and environmental organisation that works with the world's leading companies, developing safe systems of work.

  • British Safety Council
  • 70 Chancellors Road


    W6 9RS
  • Telephone: 020 8741 1231
  • Website: British Safety Council

Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)

Professional body, dedicated to the promotion of environmental health. Find out about accredited courses and training, jobs, events, policies and publications dedicated to environmental health on their website.

  • Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)

    Head Office, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health

    Chadwick Couer

    15 Hatfields


    SE1 8DJ
  • Telephone: 020 7928 6006
  • Website: Chartered Institute of Environmental Health


COSHH Essentials (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)

Offers advice and guidance for all different types of businesses on the control of chemicals and other dangerous substances. It can help you carry out your COSHH assessments.

Employment, Medical Advisory Service (EMAS)

Branch of the HSE staffed by specialist occupational health professionals, available for giving advice on health matters relating to work. They are based for this area at The Lateral 8 City Walk, Leeds. LS11 9AT.

Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

Enforcing health and safety in manufacturers, farms, hospitals and schools. They can provide information and advice on workplace health and safety. Free information leaflets available.

For more information, see: Is HSE the correct enforcing authority for you?.

You can report a health and safety concern to HSE at: Reporting a health and safety issue. For any other HSE related issue, visit: Ways to contact HSE.

Health and Safety Executive Books

Supplies free and priced HSE publications and multimedia products on health and safety in the work place. Visit: HSE Books.

Incident Contact Centre (ICC)

Incidents reportable under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) should be reported to the ICC.

  • Incident Contact Centre (ICC)
  • Telephone: 0845 300 9923
  • Website: RIDDOR

Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)

Europe's leading body for health and safety professionals, providing impartial, authoritative guidance on health and safety issues.

National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)

Offers a wide range of accredited courses, awards, information and advice on how to manage health and safety.

Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)

RoSPA is involved in the prevention of accidents through publicity, campaigning and lobbying and provides advice, information and training.

UK Safety website

A directory of health, safety and environmental management websites.

  • UK Safety Network Ltd

    Ffrwdwenith Isaf



    SA43 1RW
  • Telephone: 01239 811777
  • Email:
  • Website: UK Safety

Webpage feedback

Was this page helpful? Rate this page helpful Rate this page unhelpful