Translation disclaimer (Translation disclaimer)

This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.

(This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.)

Licensing enquiries

Here you can find information and contact details for licences and permits.

Contact details

General licensing enquiries

Licensing enforcement enquiries

Private Hire and Hackney Carriage

  • Private Hire and Hackney Carriage licensing enquiries

    Calderdale MBC Transport Services

    Battinson Road


    HX1 4PL
  • Telephone: 01422 393001/393002
  • Email:

Civil marriage and partnership venue licence

Environmental permits

Licensing information

Rights of appeal for environmental permits

Applicants can appeal:

  • The refusal of a permit;
  • or any/all the conditions that we have included with the permit, if it is granted.

Details of the appeal process will be given during the application process.

In many cases, concerns about conditions can be sorted by talking with us.


For a complaint about a licensed business, you should first contact the trader. We suggest that this is in writing and that you get proof of delivery.

If the problem persists, contact the Council via the: 

Licensed activity complaints form

We will look into the issue in line with the: 

You can also contact:

To complaint about an installation with an environmental permit, use the above contact details or phone Customer First: 01422 288001.

Failed application redress

If you are refused a licence or want to appeal against a condition attached to your licence, please contact the Licensing Unit.

For our standards and procedures, please read: 

If, after contacting the service, you are still not satisfied, see: Compliments and complaints.

Public registers

  • Approved buildings for Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership ceremonies, within Calderdale: Approved venues for ceremonies.
  • Licences and applications for motor salvage, caravan sites, gambling and gaming, private hire and hackney carriages: Public registers. (In relation to the Licensing Act 2003.)
  • For a list of places that hold an environmental permit, see: Register of environmental permits . Other permits can be viewed free of charge during normal office hours.

We do not hold a public register for:

  • Animal movements, performing animal, riding establishment, animal boarding or zoo licence holders.
  • Scaffolding license holders or skip operators.

For more details about any licence, certificate or application, contact the Licensing Unit.

Web chat: Our advisers are available to help, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm. Chat now

Webpage feedback

Was this page helpful? Rate this page helpful Rate this page unhelpful