Safer Cleaner Greener Teams focus their work towards the action plan for the Safer and Stronger Communities Partnership. This is to address problems specific to the local areas that they cover.
There are four teams who work across the Borough:
|Calder, Luddendenfoot, Ryburn and Todmorden.
|Brighouse, Elland, Greetland and Stainland, Hipperholme and Lightcliffe and Rastrick.
|Park, Skircoat, Sowerby Bridge and Town.
|Halifax North and East
|Illingworth & Mixenden, Northowram and Shelf, Ovenden and Warley.
Each Team is lead by a senior officer/manager from one of the following agencies:
- Calderdale Council.
- West Yorkshire Police.
- Together Housing.
The core membership is as follows:
- Senior manager (Chair).
- Neighbourhood Policing Team Inspector.
- Primary Care Trust.
- Local Authority ( Community Safety, Youth Services, Parks and Streetscene, Environmental Health).
- Together Housing.
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
In Halifax North and East and Halifax Central the teams are mainly supported by the Neighbourhood Management Initiatives for the areas. The Upper and Lower Valley teams are supported by two Community Development Workers per area.
Other members are enlisted on an ad hoc basis to support their work, develop ideas and projects and share good practice.
Structure and accountability
Safer Cleaner Greener Teams are accountable to the Safer and Stronger Communities Delivery Group which is made up of senior managers from the partner agencies.
The Delivery Group reports to the Safer and Stronger Communities Executive which is made up of the most senior representatives of partner agencies, Government Office and Elected Members.
- To meet on a regular basis (usually monthly) to discuss ideas and concerns, share information and skills and monitor performance.
- To work together to reduce crime and disorder.
- To develop and implement action plans to reflect locally identified issues.
- To consider crime data for the area to enable them to identify issues and set realistic targets. This allows for flexibility to respond to emerging concerns.
- To work with and involve communities in finding solutions to issues of crime and disorder that affect them
- Green Spaces and Street Scene
- Contact us