This Board's priorities are to promote and support the investment case for the town centre and local area. The Board brings together local business, the voluntary/community sectors and Calderdale Council.
What the Board works to do
- Make Sowerby Bridge an attractive place to live in and visit.
- Build a busy and economically vibrant High Street.
- Raise awareness of the town's rich industrial heritage.
- Highlight ways to improve transport infrastructure in the town.
- Promote active travel, such as walking, cycling and access to green space.
- Promote the wellbeing of residents.
These objectives are in line with those of the Government, regional and local agencies. Also externally funded programmes and project initiatives.
The Board meets every two months.
- The last meeting was held on: Tuesday 25th July 2023.
Coming meetings for 2023
- 26th September.
- 28th November.
Terms of reference
These are set out for the Board. It details the aims, purpose, objectives, methods of working and roles and responsibilities of the members.
For more details, please see:
- Councillor Adam Wilkinson (Ward Councillor).
- Councillor Dot Foster (Ward Councillor).
- Councillor Sarah Courtney (Ward Councillor).
- Councillor Simon Ashton (Ward Councillor).
- Sarah Fanthorpe (Deputy Chair).
- Phil Hawdon (Private Sector).
- Gareth Baigent (Private sector).
- Celia Cullen (Private sector).
- Lauren Brundell (Community).
- Sheila Eastwood (Community).
- Sam Irvine (VCSE).
- Stephen Priestley (VCSE).
Earlier minutes and documents have been archived. They are available on request, please email: email@example.com.
Who to contact
For more about Town Boards or to discuss agenda items, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.