Before offering your support to others, please consider carefully whether you or your family may be at risk:
- We want to make sure you are safe and well;
- and that we are not at risk of spreading the virus.
Can I help?
You can only volunteer outside of your home if you meet all these conditions:
- You and all the members of your household are well and have no symptoms of COVID-19. (These could be a new continuous cough, fever or loss/change to your sense of taste/smell.)
- You have not experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 10 days (even if the symptoms have now gone).
- You have not been advised to stay at home by the Test and Trace service.
Only volunteer outside your home if a risk assessment has been done by the organisation you work for if:
- You are over 70.
- You are invited for a flu jab each year.
- You are pregnant.
- You have a long-term health condition that makes you clinically vulnerable (GOV.UK) to coronavirus.
If you can help those in need, become a volunteer. As a volunteer, it is important that you follow the:
Other useful information
- Current Restrictions (GOV.UK).
- Living with COVID.
- Be aware of scams around Coronavirus, visit: Beware Of COVID-19 Scams (Friends Against Scams).
- Guidance about COVID-19 for health professionals and other groups (GOV.UK).
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: Coronavirus (NCVO).