What the team does
- Complete the Education Health and Care (EHC) plan needs assessment process. This is in line with the:
- Children and families act 2014;
- and the Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) 0-25 years code of practice.
- Review the EHC plan on an annual basis.
- Provide schools with:
- Advice and guidance on the procedures adopted;
- statutory rights of appeal;
- admission arrangements;
- and any other issues arising out of the assessment of a child's needs.
- Provide parents with:
- A key point of contact;
- opportunities to discuss progress and provision;
- details of their rights of appeal;
- signposting to other appropriate services and more.
For full details of the EHC needs assessment and other services, please see: Local Offer.
To find out more about EHC assessments/plans:
- Special Educational Need (SEN) Team
- Children and Young People's Services
- Email: SEN.Team@calderdale.gov.uk
Joint Local area SEND inspection in Calderdale
Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have published a glowing report into Calderdale's services. It reflects how the whole area (including settings) supports SEND in Calderdale.
To see the full report, visit: Ofsted: Calderdale Local area SEND inspection report.
Unique Ways is parent-carer led and supports disabled children and their families. For more about what they offer, visit: Unique Ways.
You can find a lot more on our Local Offer pages, which includes:
- Services on offer;
- information on assessments and transition from school;
- disabled students allowances;
- and links to other organisations.
For more information on advice and materials for teachers, parents and others that work with children with special educational needs and/or disabilities, see: Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilites (SEND) (GOV.UK).