Voluntary Sector Infrastructure Alliance
Here in Calderdale, the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE) is an integral part of the local landscape.
We know that the hard work and dedication of the sector is invaluable. This is why the Voluntary Sector Infrastructure Alliance (VSI Alliance) was set up, to support and strengthen Calderdale's VCSE sector.
It is a unique partnership that is made up of:
- North Bank Forum.
- Voluntary and Community (VAC).
- West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS).
- West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB).
- Calderdale Council.
Support, training and advice can be sort via a single point of contact and can help with:
- Organisation development support.
- Social enterprise, business development and asset transfer.
- All aspects of starting a new group or organisation.
- Quality assurance, including Quality 4 Health + Well-being.
- Safeguarding support.
- Fundraising and income generation.
- Partnership working.
- Specialist financial advice and services.
- Volunteer matching and development.
- Engagement Champions.
- Voice and representation of the VCSE sector.
Set up in 2018, it is jointly funded by West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board and Calderdale Council. An extension of funding to March 2024 was approved at the Council's Cabinet meeting of 8th November 2021.
For more details or to find support for groups:
Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC)
This not for profit organisation supports the hundreds of charities and voluntary groups across the borough. They aim to address inequalities and work with voluntary organisations/charities to help those most in need. Their goal is to act as a catalyst for positive change in the region. This is to help kick-start or support life changing groups and projects.
CFFC is supported by people, businesses and the public sector who donate to them. They issue grants right away or invest in endowed funds to support charity activity on an ongoing basis.
They have given out nearly £30 million worth of grants since 1991. This has led to a positive change in the lives of thousands of people across Calderdale.
They run general grants rounds, wind farm grants and grants responding to immediate need. They also run grants on behalf of the Council.
For more details: