Translation disclaimer (Translation disclaimer)

This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.

(This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.)

Support for Ukraine

Find ways to help the people of Ukraine.

Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by the heart-breaking scenes we are seeing in Ukraine.

As a Council, we are in contact with the Government and are ready to give any support that we can.

Homes for Ukraine

Calderdale welcomes Ukraine's people.

The Government scheme 'Homes for Ukraine' supports people, charities, community groups and businesses. This is to support hosting people who have fled Ukraine and come to the UK.

  • You can offer a place to stay for at least six months. (This can go on for as long as you are able to do it.)
  • Ukraine nationals and their family need to have been resident in Ukraine prior to 1st January 2022.
To find out more, visit: Frequently Asked Questions (GOV.UK).

Before you apply, please visit: Sponsor guidance (GOV.UK).

If you have offered to be a sponsor

Thank you very much for your offering to sponsor and home Ukrainians seeking safety in Calderdale.

If you have been matched to Ukrainian people and have completed the visa process:

  • we will be in touch with you to arrange a visit;
  • also, to do a DBS check for you and any other adults in your household.

To contact us, please email:

Useful links for sponsors:

Support for sponsors

For helpful information, please visit:

For a list of charities who can help match UK sponsors, visit: Recognised Providers (GOV.UK).

Other information and schemes

Help for those coming to Calderdale


Support for children and families.

  • Free helpline: (0800 148 8586) which is has English, Ukrainian and Russian speakers. Callers can get help and advice on a range of topics.
    • Open Monday to Friday from 10 to 8pm;
    • and Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
  • For those helping with the Ukraine response:

Refugee Integration Service (RIS)

This supports refugees who have been granted permission to enter and stay in the UK. It can help with many things, which include:

  • Going to the Jobcentre Plus.
  • Healthcare.
  • English classes, training and education.
  • School places and childcare.

Visit: Refugee Integration Service.

Health support

Tech donations

  • Solidaritech (RIS)

    This runs purely on donated technology. Without it, they cannot offer equipment to refugees and asylum seekers in Yorkshire. Since they started over three years ago, they have donated more than 500 items.

Government welcome pack

Rights and Information for living in the UK

How you can help

The main appeal is being run by the UK's Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC).

The Government suggests that people should donate to this, so the funds can be shared across a range of charities.

Webpage feedback

Was this page helpful? Rate this page helpful Rate this page unhelpful