Translation disclaimer (Translation disclaimer)

This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.

(This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.)

Animal boarding establishments

Here you can find conditions, qualifications and guidance and how to apply to run an animal boarding establishment.

How to apply

Please complete the application form and return it with the Licence fees (you can pay by debit or credit card) to the Licensing Unit.

The referenced media source is missing and needs to be re-embedded.
Please note: Online applications are not being taken at the moment, due to technical updates.

Planning requirements

Before you apply, check your premises has planning permissions to run the business.

For advice and guidance, contact Planning Services:


If you are applying for a licence for the first time or need more information, please contact the Licensing Unit:

  • Licensing
  • The Licensing Unit

    Calderdale MBC

    Town Hall,


    HX1 1UJ.
  • Telephone: 01422 393001 / 393002 / 393131
  • Email:

When deciding to grant a licence (or not), we consider issues listed under the conditions for dogs or cats. These are "without prejudice" to our discretion to refuse a licence on any other grounds.

For more about this, please read:

Will tacit authorisation apply?


What happens next

When we get a new application (or renewal), we will contact you within 10 working days. This is to arrange to inspect your premises.

We need to see if the premises and the owner is suitable in accordance with the conditions.

Note: We will not issue a licence until we are satisfied that the conditions are met.

Contact us

Licensing, The Licensing Unit, Calderdale MBC:

Webpage feedback

Was this page helpful? Rate this page helpful Rate this page unhelpful