We want young people in Calderdale to have the right information, guidance and support. This will help them make the best post-16 choice.
C&K Careers should be every young person's first point of call, when looking at post-16 options. C&K Career's staff visit each school in Calderdale, weekly.
For about this, visit: C&K Careers or phone: 01484 242000.
- UCAS allows young people between 13 and 17 years old to search for courses across England and Wales;
- The National Careers Service has careers advice and information on jobs, training course resources and funding.
What is available in Calderdale?
There is a lot of post-16 provision in Calderdale.
Schools with 6th forms
- Brighouse High School
- The Brooksbank School Sports College
- The Crossley Heath School
- The North Halifax Grammar School
- Ravenscliffe High School
- Ryburn Valley High School
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post 16) courses and work-based learning (apprenticeships). It is also the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale.
Trinity Sixth Form Academy is a new specialist 6th Form college delivering a wide range of academic courses.
For the Calderdale area, visit: C&K Careers: Training and Apprenticeships.
For England, visit: Apprenticeships who fund and co-ordinate the delivery of apprenticeships.
Advice for employers
For more on this, see: Employing 16 to 18 year olds.
Free school meals
A young person can get free school meals if they are:
- Aged 16 to 18;
- still at school;
- and get Income Support or income based Jobseeker's Allowance (or your parents/carers are on certain benefits).
For more on this, see: Free school meals.
Some students who go to college can get free meals. This depends on their or their parents/carers circumstances. You must be aged between 16 and 18 and cannot be on an apprenticeship course.
For more on this, contact student support at your college or see: Financial help.