Translation disclaimer (Translation disclaimer)

This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.

(This content has been translated by a computer program and may not be 100% accurate.)

Assisted collections

Get permanent or temporary help taking waste and recycling to a collection point if you need assistance.

Can you manage to take your waste and recycling, to the edge of your property on collection day? If not, we can help.

Apply for a permanent or temporary assisted collection using our online form. Please make sure you read the criteria first:

For permanent help

We can do this for households where:

  • There is no able-bodied person (15 years old or over) living at the property;
  • and all residents meet one or more of the following:
    • 75 years old or over;
    • hold a Blue Badge giving them parking concessions;
    • get Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance;
    • get Higher Rate of Care Component of Disability Living Allowance;
    • registered blind or partially sighted.

Note: If you meet the criteria, a Council Officer may visit you to check documents that support your application.

For temporary help

Help can be given to households, where there is a need.

This could be after a stay in hospital and nobody can do this job for you.

This help is limited to three months, but you can reapply to extend this service if needed.

If you need any help to fill in the form or want to know more, phone: 01422 288002. We will help you or arrange for a Council Officer to visit you.

Request for assistance online form

If you do not have a wheelie bin and replacement sacks were not left for you

Please let us know, see:

Feedback on the collection crew

Webpage feedback

Was this page helpful? Rate this page helpful Rate this page unhelpful